Sunday 19 January 2014

Reiki as a spiritual path

Reiki isn't just about healing it is a whole way of life and a spiritual journey. Each morning starts with me asking my guides to be with me during the day, create a circle of protective energy and perform a self-healing. Each evening I give thanks for my guides being with me and I again create a circle of protective energy. I tend not to perform a self-healing just before I go to sleep as I find that the Reiki energy energises me and then keeps me awake and I like my sleep.

Dr Usui also wrote the guiding principles of Reiki and I'd like to share them with you.

Just for today, I will let go of anger,
Just for today, I will let go of worry,
Just for today, I will give thanks for my many blessings,
Just for today, I will do my work honestly,
Just for today, I will be kind to my neighbours and every living thing.


You try to achieve these each day and it helps if you say them to yourself at the start of the day, and if one day you have an "off" day its ok, just restate the above at the start of the next day and do your best.

How did I come to start this journey? I have been a pagan and a witch for 15 plus years and used to working with energy in my spiritual practice. This isn't me coming out of the broom-closet. Many of my friends and family are aware of my beliefs and have supported me along my journey and I don't hide my faith from people but nor do I go out of me way to tell everyone...lol. I just feel that it is relevant to this blog.

In the years leading up to starting my Reiki journey there were many signs that Reiki could be a future path for me, though I remained sceptical at the time. In 2009, I had a period of illness and Reiki again came to my mind and I began looking for a Reiki Master. I talked to a number of Reiki Masters and in 2011 I finally met who would become my Reiki Master and I am so pleased. I have a mentor and a friend all rolled into one.

Reiki was introduced to me at a time I had become stagnant in my pagan beliefs and didn't know quite where to go. Reiki has re-energised my pagan faith and Reiki compliments my pagan belief system. I use Reiki on a daily basis to make life better for myself, my husband, my animals and my friends. I also use Reiki in my magical workings, for example making a herbal balm I can channel Reiki into the balm and increase its effectiveness or create a protective circle when people around me are being affected by negativity. As part of being attuned to Reiki I have gained an awareness of my spiritual guides, I knew of their presence before, but I didn't have a way to connect properly to them to hear their names or to know what they look like. I have currently identified 4 guides who work with me using Reiki with clients, teaching and with my spiritual beliefs. I'm sure there will be a few more as I progress. A blog for the future perhaps?

I am now honoured to be in a position of being other peoples Reiki Master, assisting them to begin this journey and guide them on their way. I am very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment